Scrabble word: STING
In which Scrabble dictionary does STING exist?
Definitions of STING in dictionaries:
- noun - a kind of pain
- noun - a mental pain or distress
- noun - a painful wound caused by the thrust of an insect's stinger into skin
- noun - a swindle in which you cheat at gambling or persuade a person to buy worthless property
- verb - cause a sharp or stinging pain or discomfort
- verb - deliver a sting to
- verb - saddle with something disagreeable or disadvantageous
- verb - cause a stinging pain
- verb - cause an emotional pain, as if by stinging
- To pierce or wound painfully with or as if with a sharp-pointed structure or organ, as that of certain insects.
- To cause to feel a sharp, smarting pain by or as if by pricking with a sharp point: smoke stinging our eyes.
- To cause to suffer keenly in the mind or feelings: Those harsh words stung me bitterly.
- To spur on by or as if by sharp irritation.
- To cheat or overcharge.
- To have, use, or wound with or as if with a sharp-pointed structure or organ, as that of certain insects.
- To cause or feel a sharp, smarting pain.
- The act of stinging.
- The wound or pain caused by or as if by stinging.
- A sharp, piercing organ or part, often ejecting a venomous secretion, as the modified ovipositor of a bee or wasp or the spine of certain fishes.
- A stinging power, quality, or capacity.
- A keen stimulus or incitement; a goad or spur: the sting of curiosity.
- verb - to prick painfully