Scrabble word: WINDAGE
In which Scrabble dictionary does WINDAGE exist?
Definitions of WINDAGE in dictionaries:
- noun - the retarding force of air friction on a moving object
- noun - the space between the projectile of a smoothbore gun and the surface of the bore of the gun
- noun - exposure to the wind (as the exposed part of a vessel's hull which is responsible for wind resistance)
- noun - the deflection of a projectile resulting from the effects of wind
- The effect of wind on the course of a projectile.
- The point or degree at which the wind gauge or sight of a rifle or gun must be set to compensate for the effect of the wind.
- The difference in a given firearm between the diameter of the projectile fired and the diameter of the bore of the firearm.
- The disturbance of air caused by the passage of a fast-moving object, such as a railway train.
- The part of the surface of a ship left exposed to the wind.
- noun - the effect of the wind (air in natural motion) on a projectile