Scrabble word: WIDE
In which Scrabble dictionary does WIDE exist?
Definitions of WIDE in dictionaries:
- adj - having great (or a certain) extent from one side to the other
- adj - broad in scope or content
- adj - (used of eyes) fully open or extended
- adj - very large in expanse or scope
- adj - great in degree
- adj - having ample fabric
- adj - not on target
- adv - with or by a broad space
- adv - to the fullest extent possible
- adv - far from the intended target
- adv - to or over a great extent or range
- Having a specified extent from side to side: a ribbon two inches wide.
- Extending over a great distance from side to side; broad: a wide road; a wide necktie.
- Having great extent or range; including much or many: a wide selection; granting wide powers; wide variations.
- Fully open or extended: look with wide eyes.
- Being at a distance from a desired goal or point: a shot that was wide of the mark; a claim that was wide of the truth.
- Over a great distance; extensively: traveled far and wide.
- To the full extent; completely.
- A ball bowled outside of the batsman’s reach, counting as a run for the batting team in cricket.
- adv - having great extent from side to side [adj WIDER, WIDEST] : WIDELY
- noun - a type of bowled ball in cricket