Scrabble word: TERTIARY
In which Scrabble dictionary does TERTIARY exist?
Definitions of TERTIARY in dictionaries:
- noun - from 63 million to 2 million years ago
- adj - coming next after the second and just before the fourth in position
- Third in place, order, degree, or rank.
- Of, relating to, or designating the short flight feathers nearest the body on the rear edge of a bird’s wing.
- Of or relating to salts of acids containing three replaceable hydrogen atoms.
- Of, belonging to, or being the geologic time, system of rocks, and sedimentary deposits of the first period of the Cenozoic Era, extending from the Cretaceous Period of the Mesozoic Era to the Quaternary Period of the Cenozoic Era, characterized by the appearance of modern flora and of apes and other large mammals.
- The Tertiary Period or its system of deposits.
- A member of a religious Third Order.
- noun - a flight feather of a bird's wing