Scrabble word: OVERLAY
In which Scrabble dictionary does OVERLAY exist?
Definitions of OVERLAY in dictionaries:
- noun - protective covering consisting, for example, of a layer of boards applied to the studs and joists of a building to strengthen it and serve as a foundation for a weatherproof exterior
- noun - a layer of decorative material (such as gold leaf or wood veneer) applied over a surface
- verb - put something on top of something else
- verb - kill by lying on
- To lay or spread over or on.
- To cover the surface of with a decorative layer or design: overlay wood with silver.
- To embellish superficially: a simple tune that was overlaid with ornate harmonies.
- To put an overlay on.
- Something that is laid over or covers something else.
- A layer of decoration, such as gold leaf or wood veneer, applied to a surface.
- A piece of paper used on a press tympan to vary the pressure that produces light and dark tones.
- A transparent sheet containing graphic matter, such as labels or colored areas, placed on illustrative matter to be incorporated into it.
- verb - to lay over