Scrabble word: OVERLAY
In which Scrabble dictionary does OVERLAY exist?
Definitions of OVERLAY in dictionaries:
- noun - protective covering consisting, for example, of a layer of boards applied to the studs and joists of a building to strengthen it and serve as a foundation for a weatherproof exterior
- noun - a layer of decorative material (such as gold leaf or wood veneer) applied over a surface
- verb - put something on top of something else
- verb - kill by lying on
- To lay or spread over or on.
- To cover the surface of with a decorative layer or design: overlay wood with silver.
- To embellish superficially: a simple tune that was overlaid with ornate harmonies.
- To put an overlay on.
- Something that is laid over or covers something else.
- A layer of decoration, such as gold leaf or wood veneer, applied to a surface.
- A piece of paper used on a press tympan to vary the pressure that produces light and dark tones.
- A transparent sheet containing graphic matter, such as labels or colored areas, placed on illustrative matter to be incorporated into it.
- verb - to lay over
There are 7 letters in OVERLAY: A E L O R V Y
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to OVERLAY
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word OVERLAY plus a wildcard: OVERLAY?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word OVERLAY
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for OVERLAY
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.