Scrabble word: VERY
In which Scrabble dictionary does VERY exist?
Definitions of VERY in dictionaries:
- adj - precisely as stated
- adj - being the exact same one
- adv - used as intensifiers
- adv - precisely so
- In a high degree; extremely: very happy; very much admired.
- Truly; absolutely: the very best advice; attended the very same schools.
- Complete; absolute: at the very end of his career; the very opposite.
- Used to emphasize the importance of the thing named: “The very essence of artistic expression is invention” (Irving R.
- Being particularly suitable or appropriate: the very item needed to increase sales.
- Being precisely as stated: the very center of town.
- Mere: The very thought is frightening.
- Actual: caught in the very act of stealing.
- In general usage very is not used alone to modify a past participle.
- adj - free from restriction
- noun - something that is absolute