Scrabble word: LAUREATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does LAUREATE exist?
Definitions of LAUREATE in dictionaries:
- noun - someone honored for great achievements
- adj - worthy of the greatest honor or distinction
- Worthy of the greatest honor or distinction: “The nation’s pediatrician laureate is preparing to lay down his black bag” (James Traub).
- Crowned or decked with laurel as a mark of honor.
- Made of laurel sprigs, as a wreath or crown.
- One honored or awarded a prize for great achievements especially in the arts or sciences: a Nobel laureate.
- A poet laureate.
- verb - to crown with a wreath of evergreen leaves