Scrabble word: HEARING
In which Scrabble dictionary does HEARING exist?
Definitions of HEARING in dictionaries:
- noun - (law) a proceeding (usually by a court) where evidence is taken for the purpose of determining an issue of fact and reaching a decision based on that evidence
- noun - an opportunity to state your case and be heard
- noun - the range within which a voice can be heard
- noun - the act of hearing attentively
- noun - a session (of a committee or grand jury) in which witnesses are called and testimony is taken
- noun - the ability to hear
- verb - perceive (sound) via the auditory sense
- verb - get to know or become aware of, usually accidentally
- verb - examine or hear (evidence or a case) by judicial process
- verb - receive a communication from someone
- verb - listen and pay attention
- adj - able to perceive sound
- The sense by which sound is perceived; the capacity to hear.
- Range of audibility; earshot.
- An opportunity to be heard.
- A preliminary examination of an accused person.
- The trial of an equity case.
- A session, as of an investigatory committee or a grand jury, at which testimony is taken from witnesses.
- noun - a preliminary examination