Scrabble word: TETANUS
In which Scrabble dictionary does TETANUS exist?
Definitions of TETANUS in dictionaries:
- noun - an acute and serious infection of the central nervous system caused by bacterial infection of open wounds
- noun - a sustained muscular contraction resulting from a rapid series of nerve impulses
- An acute, often fatal disease characterized by spasmodic contraction of voluntary muscles, especially those of the neck and jaw, and caused by the toxin of the bacillus Clostridium tetani, which typically infects the body through a deep wound.
- A state of continuous muscular contraction, especially when induced artificially by rapidly repeated stimuli.
- adj - an infectious disease [n -ES] : TETANOID