Scrabble word: SPUTTER
In which Scrabble dictionary does SPUTTER exist?
Definitions of SPUTTER in dictionaries:
- noun - the noise of something spattering or sputtering explosively
- noun - an utterance (of words) with spitting sounds (as in rage)
- verb - make an explosive sound
- verb - cause to undergo a process in which atoms are removed
- verb - climb awkwardly, as if by scrambling
- verb - utter with a spitting sound, as if in a rage
- verb - spit up in an explosive manner
- To spit out or spray particles of saliva or food from the mouth in noisy bursts.
- To spit out words or sounds in an excited or confused manner.
- To make sporadic spitting or popping sounds: The fire sputtered and died.
- To cause the atoms of a solid to be removed from the surface by bombardment with atoms in a discharge tube.
- To eject in short bursts with spitting or popping sounds.
- To utter in an excited or confused manner.
- To coat (a solid surface) with metal atoms by sputtering.
- The act or sound of sputtering.
- Matter emitted in sputtering.
- Excited or confused utterance.
- adj - to eject particles in short bursts [v -ED, -ING, -S] : SPUTTERY