Scrabble word: PROVIDE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PROVIDE exist?
Definitions of PROVIDE in dictionaries:
- verb - give something useful or necessary to
- verb - give what is desired or needed, especially support, food or sustenance
- verb - determine (what is to happen in certain contingencies), especially by including a proviso condition or stipulation
- verb - mount or put up
- verb - make a possibility or provide opportunity for
- verb - supply means of subsistence
- verb - take measures in preparation for
- To furnish; supply: provide food and shelter for a family.
- To make available; afford: a room that provides ample sunlight through French windows.
- To set down as a stipulation: an agreement that provides deadlines for completion of the work.
- To make ready ahead of time; prepare.
- To take measures in preparation: provided for the common defense of the states in time of war.
- To supply means of subsistence: She provides for her family by working in a hospital.
- To make a stipulation or condition: The Constitution provides for a bicameral legislature.
- verb - to furnish with what is needed