Scrabble word: POD
In which Scrabble dictionary does POD exist?
Definitions of POD in dictionaries:
- noun - the vessel that contains the seeds of a plant (not the seeds themselves)
- noun - a several-seeded dehiscent fruit as e.g. of a leguminous plant
- noun - a group of aquatic mammals
- noun - a detachable container of fuel on an airplane
- verb - take something out of its shell or pod
- verb - produce pods, of plants
- A dehiscent fruit of a leguminous plant such as the pea.
- A dry, several-seeded, dehiscent fruit.
- A protective covering that encases the eggs of some insects and fish.
- A streamlined external housing that encloses engines, machine guns, or fuel.
- A detachable compartment on a spacecraft for carrying personnel or instrumentation.
- Something resembling a pod, as in compactness.
- To bear or produce pods.
- To remove (seeds) from a pod.
- A school of marine mammals, such as seals, whales, or dolphins.
- The lengthwise groove in certain boring tools such as augers.
- The socket for holding the bit in a boring tool.
- verb - to produce seed vessels