Scrabble word: PERIOD
In which Scrabble dictionary does PERIOD exist?
Definitions of PERIOD in dictionaries:
- noun - an amount of time
- noun - the interval taken to complete one cycle of a regularly repeating phenomenon
- noun - (ice hockey) one of three divisions into which play is divided in hockey games
- noun - a unit of geological time during which a system of rocks formed
- noun - the end or completion of something
- noun - the monthly discharge of blood from the uterus of nonpregnant women from puberty to menopause
- noun - a punctuation mark (.) placed at the end of a declarative sentence to indicate a full stop or after abbreviations
- An interval of time characterized by the occurrence of a certain condition, event, or phenomenon: a period of economic prosperity.
- An interval of time characterized by the prevalence of a specified culture, ideology, or technology: artifacts of the pre-Columbian period.
- An interval regarded as a distinct evolutionary or developmental phase: Picasso’s early career is divided into his blue period and rose period.
- A unit of time, longer than an epoch and shorter than an era.
- Any of the divisions of the academic day.
- A division of the playing time of a game.
- The time interval between two successive occurrences of a recurrent event or phases of an event; a cycle.
- An instance or occurrence of menstruation.
- A point or portion of time at which something is ended; a completion or conclusion.
- The full pause at the end of a spoken sentence.
- A punctuation mark (.
- A sentence of several carefully balanced clauses in formal writing.
- A metrical unit of quantitative verse consisting of two or more cola.
- An analogous unit or division of classical Greek or Latin prose.
- A group of two or more phrases within a composition, made up of 8 or 16 measures and terminating with a cadence.
- The least interval in the range of the independent variable of a periodic function of a real variable in which all possible values of the dependent variable are assumed.
- A group of digits separated by commas in a written number.
- The number of digits that repeat in a repeating decimal.
- A sequence of elements arranged in order of increasing atomic number and forming one of the horizontal rows in the periodic table.
- noun - a portion of time
There are 6 letters in PERIOD: D E I O P R
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to PERIOD
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word PERIOD plus a wildcard: PERIOD?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word PERIOD
Images for PERIOD
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.