Scrabble word: PERIOD
In which Scrabble dictionary does PERIOD exist?
Definitions of PERIOD in dictionaries:
- noun - an amount of time
- noun - the interval taken to complete one cycle of a regularly repeating phenomenon
- noun - (ice hockey) one of three divisions into which play is divided in hockey games
- noun - a unit of geological time during which a system of rocks formed
- noun - the end or completion of something
- noun - the monthly discharge of blood from the uterus of nonpregnant women from puberty to menopause
- noun - a punctuation mark (.) placed at the end of a declarative sentence to indicate a full stop or after abbreviations
- An interval of time characterized by the occurrence of a certain condition, event, or phenomenon: a period of economic prosperity.
- An interval of time characterized by the prevalence of a specified culture, ideology, or technology: artifacts of the pre-Columbian period.
- An interval regarded as a distinct evolutionary or developmental phase: Picasso’s early career is divided into his blue period and rose period.
- A unit of time, longer than an epoch and shorter than an era.
- Any of the divisions of the academic day.
- A division of the playing time of a game.
- The time interval between two successive occurrences of a recurrent event or phases of an event; a cycle.
- An instance or occurrence of menstruation.
- A point or portion of time at which something is ended; a completion or conclusion.
- The full pause at the end of a spoken sentence.
- A punctuation mark (.
- A sentence of several carefully balanced clauses in formal writing.
- A metrical unit of quantitative verse consisting of two or more cola.
- An analogous unit or division of classical Greek or Latin prose.
- A group of two or more phrases within a composition, made up of 8 or 16 measures and terminating with a cadence.
- The least interval in the range of the independent variable of a periodic function of a real variable in which all possible values of the dependent variable are assumed.
- A group of digits separated by commas in a written number.
- The number of digits that repeat in a repeating decimal.
- A sequence of elements arranged in order of increasing atomic number and forming one of the horizontal rows in the periodic table.
- noun - a portion of time