Scrabble word: MANTLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does MANTLE exist?
Definitions of MANTLE in dictionaries:
- noun - the cloak as a symbol of authority
- noun - United States baseball player (1931-1997)
- noun - the layer of the earth between the crust and the core
- noun - anything that covers
- noun - (zoology) a protective layer of epidermis in mollusks or brachiopods that secretes a substance forming the shell
- noun - shelf that projects from wall above fireplace
- noun - hanging cloth used as a blind (especially for a window)
- noun - a sleeveless garment like a cloak but shorter
- verb - spread over a surface, like a mantle
- verb - cover like a mantle
- A loose, sleeveless coat worn over outer garments; a cloak.
- Something that covers, envelops, or conceals: “On a summer night... a mantle of dust hangs over the gravel roads” (John Dollard).
- Variant of mantel.
- The outer covering of a wall.
- A zone of hot gases around a flame.
- A device in gas lamps consisting of a sheath of threads that gives off brilliant illumination when heated by the flame.
- The cerebral cortex.
- The outer wall and casing of a blast furnace above the hearth.
- The wings, shoulder feathers, and back of a bird when differently colored from the rest of the body.
- A fold or pair of folds of the body wall that lines the shell and secretes the substance that forms the shell in mollusks and brachiopods.
- To cover with or as if with a mantle; conceal.
- To spread or become extended over a surface.
- To become covered with a coating, as scum or froth on the surface of a liquid.
- To be overspread by blushes or colors: a face that was mantled in joy.
- verb - to keep from sight or discovery
There are 6 letters in MANTLE: A E L M N T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to MANTLE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word MANTLE plus a wildcard: MANTLE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word MANTLE
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for MANTLE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.