Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: MELT
In which Scrabble dictionary does MELT exist?
Definitions of MELT in dictionaries:
- noun - the process whereby heat changes something from a solid to a liquid
- verb - reduce or cause to be reduced from a solid to a liquid state, usually by heating
- verb - become or cause to become soft or liquid
- verb - become more relaxed, easygoing, or genial
- verb - lose its distinct outline or shape
- verb - become less clearly visible or distinguishable
- verb - become less intense and fade away gradually
- To be changed from a solid to a liquid state by application of heat or pressure or both.
- To dissolve: Sugar melts in water.
- To disappear or vanish gradually as if by dissolving: The crowd melted away after the rally.
- To pass or merge imperceptibly into something else: Sea melted into sky along the horizon.
- To become softened in feeling: Our hearts melted at the child’s tears.
- To be overcome or crushed, as by grief, dismay, or fear.
- To change (a solid) to a liquid state by the application of heat or pressure or both.
- To dissolve: The tide melted our sand castle away.
- To cause to disappear gradually; disperse.
- To cause (units) to blend: “Here individuals of all races are melted into a new race of men” (Michel Guillaume Jean de Crèvecoeur).
- To soften (someone’s feelings); make gentle or tender.
- A melted solid; a fused mass.
- The state of being melted.
- The act or operation of melting.
- The quantity melted at a single operation or in one period.
- Often used to modify another noun: glacial melt water; the summer melt season.
- adj - to change from a solid to a liquid state by heat [v -ED, -ING, -S] : MELTABLE
There are 4 letters in MELT: E L M T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to MELT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word MELT plus a wildcard: MELT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word MELT
Images for MELT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.