Scrabble word: FASTEN
In which Scrabble dictionary does FASTEN exist?
Definitions of FASTEN in dictionaries:
- verb - cause to be firmly attached
- verb - become fixed or fastened
- verb - attach to
- verb - make tight or tighter
- To attach firmly to something else, as by pinning or nailing.
- To make fast or secure.
- To close, as by fixing firmly in place.
- To fix or direct steadily: fastened her gaze on the stranger.
- To place; attribute: fastened the blame on the weather.
- To impose (oneself) without welcome.
- To become attached, fixed, or joined.
- To take firm hold; cling fast: fasten on a notion.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to cause to remain firmly or fast in position or place”: fastened our seat belts; anchored the television antenna to the roof; fixed the flagpole in concrete; mooring the rowboat at the dock; secures her chignon with hairpins.
- adv - free from danger [adj -CURER, -CUREST] : SECURELY
- verb - to make firm or tight