Scrabble word: DOMINANT
In which Scrabble dictionary does DOMINANT exist?
Definitions of DOMINANT in dictionaries:
- noun - (music) the fifth note of the diatonic scale
- noun - an allele that produces the same phenotype whether its paired allele is identical or different
- adj - exercising influence or control
- adj - (of genes) producing the same phenotype whether its allele is identical or dissimilar
- adj - most frequent or common
- Exercising the most influence or control.
- Most prominent, as in position; ascendant.
- Of, relating to, or being an allele that produces the same phenotypic effect whether inherited with a homozygous or heterozygous allele.
- Of, relating to, or being a species that is most characteristic of an ecological community and usually determines the presence, abundance, and type of other species.
- Relating to or based on the fifth tone of a diatonic scale.
- A dominant allele or trait.
- A dominant species.
- The fifth tone of a diatonic scale.
- noun - a controlling genetic character