Scrabble word: AMATEUR
Is AMATEUR valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of AMATEUR in dictionaries:
- noun - someone who pursues a study or sport as a pastime
- noun - an athlete who does not play for pay
- adj - engaged in as a pastime
- adj - lacking professional skill or expertise
- An athlete who has never participated in competition for money.
- One lacking the skill of a professional, as in an art.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “one engaging in a pursuit but lacking professional skill”: a musician who is a gifted amateur, not a professional; a dabbler in the graphic arts; a sculptor but a mere dilettante; a tyro in the art of writing poetry.
- noun - one that engages in an activity for pleasure
There are 7 letters in AMATEUR: A A E M R T U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to AMATEUR
Click to search all anagrams of AMATEUR plus a wildcard: AMATEUR?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word AMATEUR
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for AMATEUR
Lookup in Wiki for AMATEUR
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.