Scrabble word: MUTE
In which Scrabble dictionary does MUTE exist?
Definitions of MUTE in dictionaries:
- noun - a deaf person who is unable to speak
- noun - a device used to soften the tone of a musical instrument
- verb - deaden (a sound or noise), especially by wrapping
- adj - expressed without speech
- adj - unable to speak because of hereditary deafness
- Refraining from producing speech or vocal sound.
- Unable to speak.
- Unable to vocalize, as certain animals.
- Expressed without speech; unspoken: a mute appeal.
- Refusing to plead when under arraignment.
- Not pronounced; silent, as the e in the word house.
- Pronounced with a temporary stoppage of breath, as the sounds (p) and (b); plosive; stopped.
- One who is incapable of speech.
- A defendant who refuses to plead when under arraignment.
- Any of various devices used to muffle or soften the tone of an instrument.
- A silent letter.
- A plosive; a stop.
- To soften or muffle the sound of.
- To soften the tone, color, shade, or hue of.
- adv - characterized by an absence of speech [adj MUTER, MUTEST] : MUTELY
- adv - to deaden the sound of [v MUTED, MUTING, MUTES] : MUTEDLY
There are 4 letters in MUTE: E M T U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to MUTE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word MUTE plus a wildcard: MUTE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word MUTE
Images for MUTE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.