Scrabble word: ABSTRACT
In which Scrabble dictionary does ABSTRACT exist?
Definitions of ABSTRACT in dictionaries:
- noun - a concept or idea not associated with any specific instance
- noun - a sketchy summary of the main points of an argument or theory
- verb - consider a concept without thinking of a specific example
- verb - make off with belongings of others
- verb - consider apart from a particular case or instance
- verb - give an abstract (of)
- adj - existing only in the mind
- adj - not representing or imitating external reality or the objects of nature
- adj - dealing with a subject in the abstract without practical purpose or intention
- Considered apart from concrete existence: an abstract concept.
- Difficult to understand; abstruse: abstract philosophical problems.
- Thought of or stated without reference to a specific instance: abstract words like truth and justice.
- Impersonal, as in attitude or views.
- Having an intellectual and affective artistic content that depends solely on intrinsic form rather than on narrative content or pictorial representation: abstract painting and sculpture.
- A statement summarizing the important points of a text.
- Something abstract.
- To take away; remove.
- To remove without permission; filch.
- To consider (a quality, for example) without reference to a particular example or object.
- To create artistic abstractions of (something else, such as a concrete object or another style): “The Bauhaus Functionalists were... busy unornamenting and abstracting modern architecture, painting and design” (John Barth).
- adj - difficult to understand
- verb - to take away
There are 8 letters in ABSTRACT: A A B C R S T T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to ABSTRACT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word ABSTRACT plus a wildcard: ABSTRACT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word ABSTRACT
8 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for ABSTRACT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.