Scrabble word: SUPPOSED
In which Scrabble dictionary does SUPPOSED exist?
Definitions of SUPPOSED in dictionaries:
- verb - express a supposition
- verb - expect, believe, or suppose
- verb - to believe especially on uncertain or tentative grounds
- verb - take for granted or as a given
- verb - require as a necessary antecedent or precondition
- adj - required or under orders
- adj - mistakenly believed
- adj - doubtful or suspect
- adj - based primarily on surmise rather than adequate evidence
- Presumed to be true or real without conclusive evidence.
- Intended: medication that is supposed to relieve pain.
- Required: He is supposed to go to the store.
- Permitted: We are not supposed to smoke here.
- The central meaning shared by these adjectives is “put forth or accepted as being true on inconclusive grounds”: the supposed cause of inflation; conjectural criticism; the site of a hypothetical colony; a foundling’s putative father; the reputed author of the article; suppositious reconstructions of dead languages; supposititious hypotheses.
- verb - to assume to be true
There are 8 letters in SUPPOSED: D E O P P S S U
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SUPPOSED plus a wildcard: SUPPOSED?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SUPPOSED
8 letter words
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for SUPPOSED
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.