Scrabble word: SUPPOSE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SUPPOSE exist?
Definitions of SUPPOSE in dictionaries:
- verb - express a supposition
- verb - expect, believe, or suppose
- verb - to believe especially on uncertain or tentative grounds
- verb - take for granted or as a given
- verb - require as a necessary antecedent or precondition
- To assume to be true or real for the sake of argument or explanation: Suppose we win the lottery.
- To believe, especially on uncertain or tentative grounds: Scientists supposed that large dinosaurs lived in swamps.
- To consider to be probable or likely: I suppose it will rain.
- To imply as an antecedent condition; presuppose: “Patience must suppose pain” (Samuel Johnson).
- To imagine; conjecture.
- verb - to assume to be true