Scrabble word: EXTRACT
In which Scrabble dictionary does EXTRACT exist?
Definitions of EXTRACT in dictionaries:
- noun - a solution obtained by steeping or soaking a substance (usually in water)
- noun - a passage selected from a larger work
- verb - remove, usually with some force or effort
- verb - get despite difficulties or obstacles
- verb - deduce (a principle) or construe (a meaning)
- verb - extract by the process of distillation
- verb - separate (a metal) from an ore
- verb - obtain from a substance, as by mechanical action
- verb - take out of a literary work in order to cite or copy
- verb - calculate the root of a number
- To draw or pull out, using great force or effort: extract a wisdom tooth.
- To obtain despite resistance: extract a promise.
- To obtain from a substance by chemical or mechanical action, as by pressure, distillation, or evaporation.
- To remove for separate consideration or publication; excerpt.
- To derive or obtain (information, for example) from a source.
- To deduce (a principle or doctrine); construe (a meaning).
- To derive (pleasure or comfort) from an experience.
- To determine or calculate (the root of a number).
- A passage from a literary work; an excerpt.
- A concentrated preparation of the essential constituents of a food, a flavoring, or another substance; a concentrate: maple extract.
- verb - to pull or draw out