Scrabble word: TAX
In which Scrabble dictionary does TAX exist?
Definitions of TAX in dictionaries:
- noun - charge against a citizen's person or property or activity for the support of government
- verb - levy a tax on
- verb - set or determine the amount of (a payment such as a fine)
- verb - use to the limit
- verb - make a charge against or accuse
- A contribution for the support of a government required of persons, groups, or businesses within the domain of that government.
- A fee or dues levied on the members of an organization to meet its expenses.
- A burdensome or excessive demand; a strain.
- To place a tax on (income, property, or goods).
- To exact a tax from.
- To assess (court costs, for example).
- To make difficult or excessive demands upon: a boss who taxed everyone’s patience.
- To make a charge against; accuse: He was taxed with failure to appear on the day appointed.
- verb - to place a tax (a charge imposed by authority for public purposes) on