Scrabble word: BACKBONE
In which Scrabble dictionary does BACKBONE exist?
Definitions of BACKBONE in dictionaries:
- noun - a central cohesive source of support and stability
- noun - fortitude and determination
- noun - the series of vertebrae forming the axis of the skeleton and protecting the spinal cord
- noun - the part of a book's cover that encloses the inner side of the book's pages and that faces outward when the book is shelved
- noun - the part of a network that connects other networks together
- The vertebrate spine or spinal column.
- Something, such as the keel of a ship, that resembles a backbone in appearance or position.
- A main support or major sustaining factor: the backbone of a thesis.
- Strength of character; determination: displayed grit and backbone in facing adversity.
- adj - the vertebral column [n -S] : SPINED