Scrabble word: BANK
In which Scrabble dictionary does BANK exist?
Definitions of BANK in dictionaries:
- noun - sloping land (especially the slope beside a body of water)
- noun - a financial institution that accepts deposits and channels the money into lending activities
- noun - a long ridge or pile
- noun - an arrangement of similar objects in a row or in tiers
- noun - a supply or stock held in reserve for future use (especially in emergencies)
- noun - the funds held by a gambling house or the dealer in some gambling games
- noun - a slope in the turn of a road or track
- noun - a container (usually with a slot in the top) for keeping money at home
- noun - a building in which the business of banking transacted
- noun - a flight maneuver
- verb - tip laterally
- verb - enclose with a bank
- verb - do business with a bank or keep an account at a bank
- verb - act as the banker in a game or in gambling
- verb - be in the banking business
- verb - put into a bank account
- verb - cover with ashes so to control the rate of burning
- verb - have confidence or faith in
- A piled-up mass, as of snow or clouds.
- A steep natural incline.
- An artificial embankment.
- Often banks.
- Often banks.
- The lateral inward tilting, as of a motor vehicle or an aircraft, in turning or negotiating a curve.
- To border or protect with a ridge or embankment.
- To pile up; amass: banked earth along the wall.
- To cover (a fire), as with ashes or fresh fuel, to ensure continued low burning.
- To construct with a slope rising to the outside edge: The turns on the racetrack were steeply banked.
- To tilt (an aircraft) laterally and inwardly in flight.
- To tilt (a motor vehicle) laterally and inwardly when negotiating a curve.
- To strike (a billiard ball) so that it rebounds from the cushion of the table.
- To play (a ball) in such a way as to make it glance off a surface, such as a backboard or wall.
- To rise in or take the form of a bank.
- To tilt an aircraft or a motor vehicle laterally when turning.
- A business establishment in which money is kept for saving or commercial purposes or is invested, supplied for loans, or exchanged.
- The offices or building in which such an establishment is located.
- The funds of a gambling establishment.
- The funds held by a dealer or banker in some gambling games.
- The reserve pieces, cards, chips, or play money in some games, such as poker, from which the players may draw.
- A supply or stock for future or emergency use: a grain bank.
- A supply of human tissues or other materials, such as blood, skin, or sperm, held in reserve for future use.
- A place of safekeeping or storage: a computer’s memory bank.
- A moneychanger’s table or place of business.
- To transact business with a bank or maintain a bank account.
- To operate a bank.
- A set of elevators.
- A row of keys on a keyboard.
- A bench for rowers in a galley.
- A row of oars in a galley.
- The lines of type under a headline.
- adj - to keep money in a bank (an institution dealing in money matters) [v -ED, -ING, -S] : BANKABLE
There are 4 letters in BANK: A B K N
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to BANK
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word BANK plus a wildcard: BANK?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word BANK
Images for BANK
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.