Scrabble word: STIFLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does STIFLE exist?
Definitions of STIFLE in dictionaries:
- noun - joint between the femur and tibia in a quadruped
- verb - conceal or hide
- verb - smother or suppress
- verb - impair the respiration of or obstruct the air passage of
- verb - be asphyxiated
- To interrupt or cut off (the voice, for example).
- See Synonyms at suppress.
- To kill by preventing respiration; smother or suffocate.
- To feel smothered or suffocated by or as if by close confinement in a stuffy room.
- To die of suffocation.
- The joint of the hind leg analogous to the human knee in certain quadrupeds, such as the horse.
- verb - to prevent from breathing