Scrabble word: SELF
In which Scrabble dictionary does SELF exist?
Definitions of SELF in dictionaries:
- noun - your consciousness of your own identity
- noun - a person considered as a unique individual
- adj - (used as a combining form) relating to--of or by or to or from or for--the self
- The total, essential, or particular being of a person; the individual: “An actor’s instrument is the self” (Joan Juliet Buck).
- The essential qualities distinguishing one person from another; individuality: “He would walk a little first along the southern walls, shed his European self, fully enter this world” (Howard Kaplan).
- One’s consciousness of one’s own being or identity; the ego: “For some of us, the self’s natural doubts are given in mesmerizing amplification by way of critics’ negative assessments of our writing” (Joyce Carol Oates).
- One’s own interests, welfare, or advantage: thinking of self alone.
- That which the immune system identifies as belonging to the body: tissues no longer recognized as self.
- Of the same character throughout.
- Of the same material as the article with which it is used: a dress with a self belt.
- Same or identical.
- noun - the total, essential, or particular being of one person
- verb - to breed closely related stock