Scrabble word: FALSE
In which Scrabble dictionary does FALSE exist?
Definitions of FALSE in dictionaries:
- adj - not in accordance with the fact or reality or actuality
- adj - arising from error
- adj - erroneous and usually accidental
- adj - deliberately deceptive
- adj - inappropriate to reality or facts
- adj - not genuine or real
- adj - designed to deceive
- adj - inaccurate in pitch
- adj - adopted in order to deceive
- adj - (used especially of persons) not dependable in devotion or affection
- adv - in a disloyal and faithless manner
- Contrary to fact or truth: false tales of bravery.
- Deliberately untrue: delivered false testimony under oath.
- Arising from mistaken ideas: false hopes of writing a successful novel.
- Intentionally deceptive: a suitcase with a false bottom; false promises.
- See Synonyms at faithless.
- Not genuine or real: false teeth; false documents.
- Erected temporarily, as for support during construction.
- Resembling but not accurately or properly designated as such: a false thaw in January; the false dawn peculiar to the tropics.
- Of incorrect pitch.
- In a treacherous or faithless manner: play a person false.
- adv - contrary to truth or fact [adj FALSER, FALSEST] : FALSELY