Scrabble word: SALUTE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SALUTE exist?
Definitions of SALUTE in dictionaries:
- noun - an act of honor or courteous recognition
- noun - a formal military gesture of respect
- noun - an act of greeting with friendly words and gestures like bowing or lifting the hat
- verb - propose a toast to
- verb - greet in a friendly way
- verb - express commendation of
- verb - become noticeable
- verb - honor with a military ceremony, as when honoring dead soldiers
- verb - recognize with a gesture prescribed by a military regulation
- To greet or address with an expression of welcome, goodwill, or respect.
- To recognize (a superior) with a gesture prescribed by military regulations, as by raising the hand to the cap.
- To honor formally and ceremoniously.
- To express warm approval of; commend: salute an organization for its humanitarian work.
- To make a gesture of greeting or respect.
- An act of greeting; a salutation.
- An act or a gesture of welcome, honor, or courteous recognition: a musical salute to the composer’s 90th birthday.
- The position of the hand or rifle or the bodily posture of a person saluting a military superior.
- A formal military display of honor or greeting, such as the firing of cannon.
- verb - to greet with a sign of welcome or respect