Scrabble word: MACHINE
In which Scrabble dictionary does MACHINE exist?
Definitions of MACHINE in dictionaries:
- noun - any mechanical or electrical device that transmits or modifies energy to perform or assist in the performance of human tasks
- noun - an efficient person
- noun - an intricate organization that accomplishes its goals efficiently
- noun - a device for overcoming resistance at one point by applying force at some other point
- noun - a group that controls the activities of a political party
- noun - a motor vehicle with four wheels
- verb - turn, shape, mold, or otherwise finish by machinery
- verb - make by machinery
- A device consisting of fixed and moving parts that modifies mechanical energy and transmits it in a more useful form.
- A simple device, such as a lever, a pulley, or an inclined plane, that alters the magnitude or direction, or both, of an applied force; a simple machine.
- A system or device for doing work, as an automobile or a jackhammer, together with its power source and auxiliary equipment.
- A system or device, such as a computer, that performs or assists in the performance of a human task: The machine is down.
- An intricate natural system or organism, such as the human body.
- A person who acts in a rigid, mechanical, or unconscious manner.
- An organized group of people whose members are or appear to be under the control of one or more leaders: a political machine.
- A device used to produce a stage effect, especially a mechanical means of lowering an actor onto the stage.
- Of, relating to, or felt to resemble a machine: machine repairs; machine politics.
- verb - to process by machine (a mechanical device)