Scrabble word: CHIME
In which Scrabble dictionary does CHIME exist?
Definitions of CHIME in dictionaries:
- noun - a percussion instrument consisting of a set of tuned bells that are struck with a hammer
- verb - emit a sound
- An apparatus for striking a bell or set of bells to produce a musical sound.
- A set of bells tuned to scale and used as an orchestral instrument.
- A single bell, as in the mechanism of a clock.
- The sound produced by or as if by a bell or bells.
- Agreement; accord: a flawless chime of romance and reality.
- To sound with a harmonious ring when struck.
- To make a musical sound by striking a bell or set of bells.
- To be in agreement or accord: harmonize: Their views chimed with ours.
- To produce (music) by striking bells.
- To strike (a bell) to produce music.
- To signal or make known by chiming: The clock chimed noon.
- To call, send, or welcome by chiming.
- To repeat insistently.
- To interrupt the speech of others, especially with an unwanted opinion.
- To join in harmoniously.
- To go together harmoniously; agree.
- The rim of a cask.
- verb - to ring harmoniously