Scrabble word: NICHE
In which Scrabble dictionary does NICHE exist?
Definitions of NICHE in dictionaries:
- noun - a position particularly well suited to the person who occupies it
- noun - a small concavity
- noun - an enclosure that is set back or indented
- noun - (ecology) the status of an organism within its environment and community (affecting its survival as a species)
- A recess in a wall, as for holding a statue or an urn.
- A cranny, hollow, or crevice, as in rock.
- A situation or an activity specially suited to a person’s interests, abilities, or nature: found her niche in life.
- A special area of demand for a product or service: “One niche that is approaching massmarket proportions is held by regional magazines” (Brad Edmondson).
- The function or position of an organism or a population within an ecological community.
- The particular area within a habitat occupied by an organism.
- verb - to place in a receding space or hollow