Scrabble word: SUSTAIN
In which Scrabble dictionary does SUSTAIN exist?
Definitions of SUSTAIN in dictionaries:
- verb - lengthen or extend in duration or space
- verb - undergo (as of injuries and illnesses)
- verb - provide with nourishment
- verb - supply with necessities and support
- verb - be the physical support of
- verb - admit as valid
- verb - establish or strengthen as with new evidence or facts
- To keep in existence; maintain.
- To supply with necessities or nourishment; provide for.
- To support from below; keep from falling or sinking; prop.
- To support the spirits, vitality, or resolution of; encourage.
- To bear up under; withstand: can’t sustain the blistering heat.
- To affirm the validity of: The judge has sustained the prosecutor’s objection.
- To prove or corroborate; confirm.
- To keep up (a joke or an assumed role, for example) competently.
- verb - to maintain by providing with food and drink