Scrabble word: RETROFIT
In which Scrabble dictionary does RETROFIT exist?
Definitions of RETROFIT in dictionaries:
- noun - a component or accessory added to something after it has been manufactured
- noun - the act of adding a component or accessory to something that did not have it when it was manufactured
- verb - provide with parts, devices, or equipment not available or in use at the time of the original manufacture
- verb - fit in or on an existing structure, such as an older house
- verb - substitute new or modernized parts or equipment for older ones
- To provide (a jet, an automobile, a computer, or a factory, for example) with parts, devices, or equipment not in existence or available at the time of original manufacture.
- To install or fit (a device or system, for example) for use in or on an existing structure, especially an older dwelling.
- To fit into or onto equipment already in existence or service.
- To substitute new or modernized parts or systems for older equipment: an industrial plant that was retrofitting to meet new safety regulations.
- Something that has been retrofitted or that has undergone retrofitting.
- Relating to or being a retrofit: a retrofit kit for the homeowner; an energy-saving retrofit program; a large retrofit market.
- verb - to furnish with new parts not originally available