Scrabble word: RETORT
In which Scrabble dictionary does RETORT exist?
Definitions of RETORT in dictionaries:
- noun - a quick reply to a question or remark (especially a witty or critical one)
- noun - a vessel where substances are distilled or decomposed by heat
- verb - answer back
- To reply, especially to answer in a quick, caustic, or witty manner.
- To present a counterargument to.
- To return in kind; pay back.
- To make a reply, especially a quick, caustic, or witty one.
- To present a counterargument.
- To return like for like; retaliate.
- A quick, incisive reply, especially one that turns the first speaker’s words to his or her own disadvantage.
- The act or an instance of retorting.
- A closed laboratory vessel with an outlet tube, used for distillation, sublimation, or decomposition by heat.
- verb - to answer back sharply