Scrabble word: TORTURE
In which Scrabble dictionary does TORTURE exist?
Definitions of TORTURE in dictionaries:
- noun - extreme mental distress
- noun - unbearable physical pain
- noun - intense feelings of suffering
- noun - the act of distorting something so it seems to mean something it was not intended to mean
- noun - the deliberate, systematic, or wanton infliction of physical or mental suffering by one or more persons in an attempt to force another person to yield information or to make a confession or for any other reason
- verb - torment emotionally or mentally
- verb - subject to torture
- Infliction of severe physical pain as a means of punishment or coercion.
- An instrument or a method for inflicting such pain.
- Excruciating physical or mental pain; agony: the torture of waiting in suspense.
- Something causing severe pain or anguish.
- To subject (a person or an animal) to torture.
- To bring great physical or mental pain upon (another).
- To twist or turn abnormally; distort: torture a rule to make it fit a case.
- verb - to subject to severe physical pain