Scrabble word: PROCESS
In which Scrabble dictionary does PROCESS exist?
Definitions of PROCESS in dictionaries:
- noun - a particular course of action intended to achieve a result
- noun - (psychology) the performance of some composite cognitive activity
- noun - a writ issued by authority of law
- noun - a mental process that you are not directly aware of
- noun - a natural prolongation or projection from a part of an organism either animal or plant
- noun - a sustained phenomenon or one marked by gradual changes through a series of states
- verb - subject to a process or treatment, with the aim of readying for some purpose, improving, or remedying a condition
- verb - deal with in a routine way
- verb - perform mathematical and logical operations on (data) according to programmed instructions in order to obtain the required information
- verb - institute legal proceedings against
- verb - march in a procession
- verb - shape, form, or improve a material
- verb - deliver a warrant or summons to someone
- A series of actions, changes, or functions bringing about a result: the process of digestion; the process of obtaining a driver’s license.
- A series of operations performed in the making or treatment of a product: a manufacturing process; leather dyed during the tanning process.
- Progress; passage: the process of time; events now in process.
- The entire course of a judicial proceeding.
- A summons or writ ordering a defendant to appear in court.
- The total quantity of summonses or writs issued in a particular proceeding.
- An outgrowth of tissue; a projecting part: a bony process.
- Any of various photomechanical or photoengraving methods.
- To put through the steps of a prescribed procedure: processing newly arrived immigrants; received the order, processed it, and dispatched the goods.
- To prepare, treat, or convert by subjecting to a special process: process ore to obtain minerals.
- To serve with a summons or writ.
- To institute legal proceedings against; prosecute.
- To perform operations on (data).
- To straighten (hair) by a chemical process; conk.
- Prepared or converted by a special process: process cheese.
- In recent years there has been a tendency to pronounce the plural ending -es of processes as (-Kz), perhaps by analogy with words of Greek origin such as analysis and neurosis.
- verb - to treat or prepare by a special method