Scrabble word: HISTORY
In which Scrabble dictionary does HISTORY exist?
Definitions of HISTORY in dictionaries:
- noun - the aggregate of past events
- noun - a record or narrative description of past events
- noun - the discipline that records and interprets past events involving human beings
- noun - the continuum of events occurring in succession leading from the past to the present and even into the future
- noun - all that is remembered of the past as preserved in writing
- A narrative of events; a story.
- A chronological record of events, as of the life or development of a people or an institution, often including an explanation of or commentary on those events: “The queens in history compare favorably with the kings” (Elizabeth Cady Stanton).
- A formal written account of related natural phenomena: a history of volcanoes.
- A record of a patient’s medical background.
- The branch of knowledge that records and analyzes past events: “History has a longrange perspective” (Elizabeth Gurley Flynn).
- The events forming the subject matter of a historical account.
- Something that belongs to the past: Their troubles are history now.
- An interesting past: a house with a history.
- A drama based on historical events: the histories of Shakespeare.
- noun - a chronological record of past events