Scrabble word: SHY
In which Scrabble dictionary does SHY exist?
Definitions of SHY in dictionaries:
- noun - a quick throw
- verb - start suddenly, as from fright
- verb - throw quickly
- adj - lacking self-confidence
- adj - short
- adj - wary and distrustful
- Easily startled; timid.
- Drawing back from contact or familiarity with others; retiring or reserved.
- Marked by reserve or diffidence: a shy glance.
- Distrustful; wary: shy of strangers.
- Not having paid an amount due, as one’s ante in poker.
- Short; lacking: Eleven is one shy of a dozen.
- To move suddenly, as if startled; start.
- These adjectives mean not forward but marked by a retiring nature, reticence, or a reserve of manner.
- A quick throw; a fling.
- A gibe; a sneer.
- An attempt; a try.
- adv - lacking courage or self-confidence [adj -IDER, -IDEST] : TIMIDLY
- verb - to move suddenly back or aside, as in fear