Scrabble word: SHY
Is SHY valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of SHY in dictionaries:
- noun - a quick throw
- verb - start suddenly, as from fright
- verb - throw quickly
- adj - lacking self-confidence
- adj - short
- adj - wary and distrustful
- Easily startled; timid.
- Drawing back from contact or familiarity with others; retiring or reserved.
- Marked by reserve or diffidence: a shy glance.
- Distrustful; wary: shy of strangers.
- Not having paid an amount due, as one’s ante in poker.
- Short; lacking: Eleven is one shy of a dozen.
- To move suddenly, as if startled; start.
- These adjectives mean not forward but marked by a retiring nature, reticence, or a reserve of manner.
- A quick throw; a fling.
- A gibe; a sneer.
- An attempt; a try.
- adv - lacking courage or self-confidence [adj -IDER, -IDEST] : TIMIDLY
- verb - to move suddenly back or aside, as in fear
There are 3 letters in SHY: H S Y
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SHY
Click to search all anagrams of SHY plus a wildcard: SHY?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SHY
Images for SHY
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.