Scrabble word: DELIVER
In which Scrabble dictionary does DELIVER exist?
Definitions of DELIVER in dictionaries:
- verb - deliver (a speech, oration, or idea)
- verb - bring to a destination, make a delivery
- verb - to surrender someone or something to another
- verb - free from harm or evil
- verb - hand over to the authorities of another country
- verb - pass down
- verb - utter (an exclamation, noise, etc.)
- verb - save from sins
- verb - carry out or perform
- verb - relinquish possession or control over
- verb - throw or hurl from the mound to the batter, as in baseball
- verb - cause to be born
- To bring or transport to the proper place or recipient; distribute: deliver groceries; deliver the mail.
- To surrender (someone or something) to another; hand over: delivered the criminal to the police.
- To secure (something promised or desired), as for a candidate or political party: campaign workers who delivered the ward for the mayor.
- To throw or hurl: The pitcher delivered the ball.
- To strike (a blow).
- To express in words; declare or utter: deliver a lecture.
- To give birth to: She delivered a baby boy this morning.
- To assist (a woman) in giving birth: The doctor delivered her of twins.
- To assist or aid in the birth of: The midwife delivered the baby.
- To give forth or produce: The oil well delivered only 50 barrels a day.
- To produce or achieve what is desired or expected; make good: The senator delivered on her pledge.
- To give birth: She expects to deliver in late August.
- verb - to take to the intended recipient