Scrabble word: WONDER
In which Scrabble dictionary does WONDER exist?
Definitions of WONDER in dictionaries:
- noun - the feeling aroused by something strange and surprising
- noun - something that causes feelings of wonder
- noun - a state in which you want to learn more about something
- verb - have a wish or desire to know something
- verb - place in doubt or express doubtful speculation
- verb - be amazed at
- One that arouses awe, astonishment, surprise, or admiration; a marvel: “The decision of one age or country is a wonder to another” (John Stuart Mill).
- The emotion aroused by something awe-inspiring, astounding, or marvelous: gazed with wonder at the northern lights.
- An event inexplicable by the laws of nature; a miracle.
- A feeling of puzzlement or doubt.
- Often Wonder.
- To have a feeling of awe or admiration; marvel: “She wondered at all the things civilization can teach a woman to endure” (Frances Newman).
- To have a feeling of surprise.
- To feel curiosity or be in doubt about: wondered what was going on.
- Arousing awe or admiration.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “one that evokes amazement or admiration”: saw the wonders of Paris; a marvel of modern technology; a miracle of culinary art; organ transplantation, a phenomenon of medical science; a musical prodigy; a performance that was the sensation of the season.
- verb - to have a feeling of curiosity or doubt