Scrabble word: WITHDRAW
In which Scrabble dictionary does WITHDRAW exist?
Definitions of WITHDRAW in dictionaries:
- verb - pull back or move away or backward
- verb - withdraw from active participation
- verb - release from something that holds fast, connects, or entangles
- verb - cause to be returned
- verb - take back what one has said
- verb - keep away from others
- verb - break from a meeting or gathering
- verb - retire gracefully
- verb - remove (a commodity) from (a supply source)
- verb - lose interest
- verb - make a retreat from an earlier commitment or activity
- verb - remove something concrete, as by lifting, pushing, or taking off, or remove something abstract
- To take back or away; remove.
- To remove (money) from an account.
- To turn away (one’s gaze, for example).
- To draw aside: withdrew the curtain.
- To remove from consideration or participation: withdrew her application; withdrew his son from the race.
- To recall or retract: withdrew the accusation.
- To move or draw back; retire.
- To retreat from a battlefield.
- To remove oneself from active participation: withdrew from the competition.
- To become detached from social or emotional involvement.
- To recall or remove a motion from consideration in parliamentary procedure.
- To discontinue the use of an addictive substance.
- To adjust physiologically and mentally to this discontinuation.
- verb - to move back or away