Scrabble word: WARD
In which Scrabble dictionary does WARD exist?
Definitions of WARD in dictionaries:
- noun - a person who is under the protection or in the custody of another
- noun - a district into which a city or town is divided for the purpose of administration and elections
- noun - block forming a division of a hospital (or a suite of rooms) shared by patients who need a similar kind of care
- noun - English economist and conservationist (1914-1981)
- noun - English writer of novels who was an active opponent of the women's suffrage movement (1851-1920)
- noun - United States businessman who in 1872 established a successful mail-order business (1843-1913)
- noun - a division of a prison (usually consisting of several cells)
- verb - watch over or shield from danger or harm
- A division of a city or town, especially an electoral district, for administrative and representative purposes.
- A district of some English and Scottish counties corresponding roughly to the hundred or the wapentake.
- A room in a hospital usually holding six or more patients.
- A division in a hospital for the care of a particular group of patients: a maternity ward.
- One of the divisions of a penal institution, such as a prison.
- An open court or area of a castle or fortification enclosed by walls.
- A minor or incompetent person placed under the care or protection of a guardian or court.
- A person under the protection or care of another.
- The state of being under guard; custody.
- The act of guarding or protecting; guardianship.
- A means of protection; a defense.
- A defensive movement or attitude, especially in fencing; a guard.
- The projecting ridge of a lock or keyhole that prevents the turning of a key other than the proper one.
- The notch cut into a key that corresponds to such a ridge.
- To turn aside; parry: ward off an opponent’s blows.
- To try to prevent; avert: took vitamins to ward off head colds.
- verb - to turn aside
There are 4 letters in WARD: A D R W
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to WARD
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word WARD plus a wildcard: WARD?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word WARD
Images for WARD
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.