Scrabble word: OVERTURE
In which Scrabble dictionary does OVERTURE exist?
Definitions of OVERTURE in dictionaries:
- noun - orchestral music played at the beginning of an opera or oratorio
- noun - something that serves as a preceding event or introduces what follows
- noun - a tentative suggestion designed to elicit the reactions of others
- An instrumental composition intended especially as an introduction to an extended work, such as an opera or oratorio.
- A similar orchestral work, such as one written as a concert piece or an introduction to a play.
- An introductory section or part, as of a poem; a prelude.
- An act, an offer, or a proposal that indicates readiness to undertake a course of action or open a relationship.
- To present as an introduction or a proposal.
- To present or make an offer or a proposal to.
- verb - to put forward for consideration or acceptance