Scrabble word: FUNCTION
In which Scrabble dictionary does FUNCTION exist?
Definitions of FUNCTION in dictionaries:
- noun - (mathematics) a mathematical relation such that each element of a given set (the domain of the function) is associated with an element of another set (the range of the function)
- noun - what something is used for
- noun - the actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group
- noun - a relation such that one thing is dependent on another
- noun - a formal or official social gathering or ceremony
- noun - a vaguely specified social event
- noun - a set sequence of steps, part of larger computer program
- verb - perform as expected when applied
- verb - serve a purpose, role, or function
- verb - perform duties attached to a particular office or place or function
- The action for which one is particularly fitted or employed.
- Assigned duty or activity.
- A specific occupation or role: in my function as chief editor.
- An official ceremony or a formal social occasion.
- Something closely related to another thing and dependent on it for its existence, value, or significance: Growth is a function of nutrition.
- A variable so related to another that for each value assumed by one there is a value determined for the other.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “the actions and activities assigned to, required of, or expected of a person”: the function of a teacher; a bank clerk’s duty; assumed the office of financial adviser; the role of a parent.
- verb - to be in action