Scrabble word: UNCTION
In which Scrabble dictionary does UNCTION exist?
Definitions of UNCTION in dictionaries:
- noun - excessive but superficial compliments given with affected charm
- noun - smug self-serving earnestness
- noun - semisolid preparation (usually containing a medicine) applied externally as a remedy or for soothing an irritation
- noun - anointing as part of a religious ceremony or healing ritual
- The act of anointing as part of a religious, ceremonial, or healing ritual.
- An ointment or oil; a salve.
- Something that serves to soothe; a balm.
- Affected or exaggerated earnestness, especially in choice and use of language.
- verb - to apply oil to as a sacred rite