Scrabble word: SERIOUS
In which Scrabble dictionary does SERIOUS exist?
Definitions of SERIOUS in dictionaries:
- adj - concerned with work or important matters rather than play or trivialities
- adj - of great consequence
- adj - causing fear or anxiety by threatening great harm
- adj - appealing to the mind
- adj - completely lacking in playfulness
- adj - requiring effort or concentration
- Grave in quality or manner: gave me a serious look.
- Carried out in earnest: engaged in serious drinking; made a serious attempt to learn how to ski backward; serious study of Italian.
- Deeply interested or involved: a serious card player.
- Designed for and addressing grave and earnest tastes: serious art; serious music.
- Not trifling or jesting: I’m serious: we expect you to complete the assignment on time.
- Of such character or quality as to appeal to the expert, the connoisseur, or the sophisticate: “They cost us serious money... but delivered a unique feature” (Frederick C.
- Concerned with important rather than trivial matters: a serious student of history.
- Being of such import as to cause anxiety: serious injuries; a serious turn of events.
- These adjectives are compared as they refer to the manner, appearance, disposition, or acts of persons and mean absorbed or marked by absorption in thought, pressing concerns, or significant work.
- adj - thoughtful or subdued in appearance or manner
There are 7 letters in SERIOUS: E I O R S S U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SERIOUS
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SERIOUS plus a wildcard: SERIOUS?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SERIOUS
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for SERIOUS
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.