Scrabble word: PRESUME
In which Scrabble dictionary does PRESUME exist?
Definitions of PRESUME in dictionaries:
- verb - take to be the case or to be true
- verb - take upon oneself
- verb - constitute reasonable evidence for
- verb - take liberties or act with too much confidence
- To take for granted as being true in the absence of proof to the contrary.
- To give reasonable evidence for assuming; appear to prove.
- To venture without authority or permission; dare: He presumed to invite himself to dinner.
- To act overconfidently; take liberties.
- To take unwarranted advantage of something; go beyond the proper limits: Don’t presume on their hospitality.
- These verbs signify to take something for granted or as being a fact.
- verb - to take for granted