Scrabble word: PLACEBO
In which Scrabble dictionary does PLACEBO exist?
Definitions of PLACEBO in dictionaries:
- noun - an innocuous or inert medication
- noun - (Roman Catholic Church) vespers of the office for the dead
- A substance containing no medication and prescribed or given to reinforce a patient’s expectation to get well.
- An inactive substance or preparation used as a control in an experiment or test to determine the effectiveness of a medicinal drug.
- Something of no intrinsic remedial value that is used to appease or reassure another.
- The service or office of vespers for the dead.
- noun - a substance containing no medication that is given for its psychological effect